Monday, October 26, 2009

Additional to the Introduction

Assalamualaikum,
Hope everybody is fine. I am proposing to add to the introduction as in the earlier draft as follows:

INTRODUCTION

It is certainly admirable for young people to take an active parts in voluntary and charity work. Teenagers who involve themselves in voluntary work can develop valuable skills and a sense of responsibility that will stand them in good stead when come the time for them to enter the working world. But perhaps, more important, it is the opportunity for these young people to develop empathy and a sense of compassion for those less unfortunate. Perhaps, for these future leaders and citizens, developing compassion is the most paramount and most essential benefit of the voluntary work. If voluntary work is beneficial why is there lack of Malay youth in this honourable work ?

The purpose of this paper is to discuss ways on how to encourage more Malay youths to be active in doing voluntary and charity work. We have noticed that while the Malay being the majority population of this country, the Malay youth involvement in voluntary and charity work do not reflect that. Their contribution to society through volunteer and charity work is very small or negligible, should we say, when compared with the other races in term of percentage. with this study we hope to reverse the situation and at the same time eradicate the social ills that they are causing to society such as drug abuse, illegal motor race (mat rempit), loafing around (lepak) and free sex activity which lead to teenage pregnancy.

Comments are welcome. Anyone ?





Lean On Me

Sometimes in our lives, we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise, we know that
there's always tomorrow
Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on
For, it won't be long, till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on.
Please swallow your pride
If I have things you need to borrow
For, no one can fill those of your needs
That you won't let show. Say
You just call on me brother, when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem, that you'll understand
We all need somebody to lean on
Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on
for, it won't be long, till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on. Say
You just call on me brother when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on.
I just might have a problem, that you'll understand
We all need sosmebody to lean on

If there is a load, you have to bear
That you can't carry
I'm right up the road
I'll share your load
If you just call me
Call me...

No comments:

Post a Comment